You expect a transaction to be secure. E-commerce is a mature industry and is now based on international standards.
PCI DSS certification
The PCI DSS standard is a standard written jointly by the Carte Bleue/Visa and EuroCard/MasterCard networks. It contains recommendations to guarantee the security of confidential information held by companies, such as bank card numbers. Audited, the Crédit Mutuel-CIC group obtained this label for its internet payment solution in 2007.
Since October 2008, a new security standard has been operational in France. It aims to authenticate the holder of a bank card when making an Internet payment. This norm is known as "Verified by Visa" for Visa and "MasterCard SecureCode" for MasterCard. Its principle is based on the verification of information known only to the cardholder (like the 4-digit code) and which will be requested by the bank during web transactions.
The solution proposed by Monetico is already ready for this new standard.
Security for our customers
- The credit card number is entered on a secure page hosted by the bank, so it is not known to the merchant.
- The information is encrypted (TLS technology)
- The card number is never printed in full on the payment slips.
Security for the merchant
Credit card verification and data protection are also a priority for merchants. Monetico Payment is a solution that carries out systematic checks on:
- the algorithm of the bank card number and its pictogram;
- a possible stop payment on the card;
- the level of the outstanding balance of the credit card.
The merchant dashboard also manages a Fraud Prevention module to help the merchant limit the risk of non-payment as much as possible.